Holyland & Co. - A Short History
Being a member firm of the ACCA means that this firm operates to the highest possible standards.
The ACCA requires member firms to all adopt and maintain the highest standards of excellence in the wide range of activities typically carried out in small and mid-sized practices. Good quality controls help to maintain the quality of work and consistently good service to the clients.
Identifying Client Needs:
Our standards are based on five principles, which go beyond statutory and regulatory compliance and which include:
- adhering to ACCA's code of ethics and conduct;
- clearly identify all clients' needs:
- re-assessing services for continuing clients on a regular basis;
- maintaining efficient paper based records and electronic systems; and
- keeping our skills and knowledge up to date.
We must communicate effectively with statutory bodies, ACCA and other regulators, and - importantly - keep clients informed of opportunities or obligations of which they may have been unaware.
ACCA membership confirms that the practice has achieved and maintained a standard of excellence that enables us to offer the highest quality service to clients.